Midsummer, also called St John’s Day or jaanipäev in Estonian is the time around summer solstice and is celebrated on various days around 21 to 25 June. European midsummer-related holidays, traditions, and celebrations are pre-Christian in origin. They are particularly important in geographic Northern Europe – Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania but is […]
Natukene ajaloost: Esimene kirjalik viide mõisa kohta pärineb 1501. aastast, mil Vihula mõis (tookordse nimega Vyoll) kuulus Taanist pärist parun Hans von Lodele. Eesti Rüütelkonna arhiivis on säilinud ürik 16.sajandist, mis kinnitab, et perekonna esiisa, Taani rüütel Odvard von Lode saatis Taani kuningat Canute VI tema ristikäigul paganliku Eesti vastu aastal 1197 ning vastutasuks oma […]
The Unique Hotel properties in Tallinn are some of the most historically interesting buildings in the capital, despite not all of them being centuries old. City Hotel Tallinn, while young in chronological age, more than makes up for this with its modern outlook, simple functionality, outstanding quality and impressive value for money. Making it the best budget hotel in Estonia.
Although the City Hotel Tallinn building itself is relatively new by Tallinn’s medieval standards, the area where it is situated – in Paldiski Road, at the foot of Toompea Hill – is a stone’s throw from the Old Town area, the city’s administrative centre and home to its aristocracy for many years. The Old Town is now a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site, having been awarded the status in 1997, and Paldiski Road leads straight into the heart of this magnificent part of the city.
At Unique Hotels we’re justifiably proud of our four outstanding hotels – the City Hotel Tallinn, von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn, Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn and Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa. Our properties offer visitors a luxurious way to experience Estonian life and culture.
That said, we’re also incredibly proud of Estonia and particularly its capital Tallinn. For any visitor considering a trip to this beautiful and historical city, we hope our list of Top Ten Tallinn facts will entice you to come and stay with us!
March 14th in the Estonian calendar is when the country celebrates the wonderful native Estonian tongue. Native Language Day, or Emakeelepäev in Estonian, is an important event that keeps alive the country’s important and ancient cultural heritage.
Estonia has a population of around 1.3 million, but only two-thirds speak Estonian as their first language. Estonian is therefore comparable to minority languages throughout Europe, such as Gaelic and Welsh, for numbers of everyday speakers. Because of this, Estonians are fiercely proud and protective of their mother tongue, and Native Language day is the perfect way to celebrate that.
Few public holidays in Estonia are celebrated quite as joyously as the Estonian day of Independence, which falls each year on February 24th. If you’re visiting Estonia at this time, it’s a great day to see pride and patriotism in all its glory, and to learn about the rich history of this Baltic gem of a country.
The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn is widely recognised as being one of the most opulent buildings in the city and certainly one of the most popular choices of accommodation for visitors to the city. The hotel has a history that is innately linked with one of the city’s most illustrious families, the von Stackelbergs.
Visitors to Tallinn often remark about the inherent beauty of the city. This appreciation stems from the many spectacular buildings that embellish the streets, from the medieval castle walls, to the magnificent baroque Kadriorg Palace. However, another aspect of the city that makes any stay truly memorable is the quality of some of the most opulent, elegant and famous hotels, and if you’re seeking somewhere special to stay with an interesting and unique history, then the magnificent Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn is the perfect choice.
Located within walking distance or a short bus or tram ride from Unique Hotel’s three Tallinn properties – Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn, The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn and City Hotel Tallinn – are many of the capital’s most fascinating museums. Each vividly brings to life different aspects of Tallinn’s thousand-year history, fascinating legends and cultural treasures.
Estonia is a country with a deep and beguiling heritage, and many of the country’s buildings have a rich and occasionally turbulent history of their own. This is certainly true of some of the classic hotels in the region and the Vihula Manor Country Club and Spa, situated barely an hour’s drive from Tallinn, is certainly one of the finest.
- Meet you in Tallinn | Corporate Meetings, Conferences, Conventions 17th 2011f November 2011
- Unique Hotels Facebook 25.11 25th 2011f November 2011
- Tallinn’s Historic Hotels – The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn 29th 2011f November 2011
- Estonia’s historic hotels: Vihula Manor Country Club and Spa 3rd 2011f November 2011
- The Budget Guide to Tallinn, Estonia by Unique Hotels 15th 2011f November 2011
- Unique Hotels Facebook – Tõuni Kontsert Vihula Mõisas 17th 2011f November 2011
- Golf Courses and Golfing Around Estonia 25th 2011f November 2011
- A Guide to Parks Around Tallinn 1st 2011f November 2011
- Must See Museums in Tallinn, Estonia 8th 2011f November 2011
- Tallinn’s Historic Hotels: Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn by Unique Hotels 22nd 2011f November 2011
- Vihula Mõisa suvi täis muusikat 1st 2015f July 2015
- Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa’s summer full of music 30th 2015f June 2015
- Müügidirektor Joel Bezzaborkin Vihula Mõisast 29th 2015f June 2015
- Sales director Joel Bezzoborkin about Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa 29th 2015f June 2015
- Midsummer traditions in Estonia 22nd 2015f June 2015
- Büsti avamine Vihula Mõisas/ Bust opening ceremony in Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa 19th 2015f June 2015
- Siseõue avamine/ The Courtyard opening at The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn 17.06.2015 18th 2015f June 2015
- Meeldejäävad suvised hetked koos Unique Hotelsiga 16th 2015f June 2015
- Memoriable summer moments with Unique Hotels 16th 2015f June 2015
- Nipernaadi restoran ja uus menüü 29th 2015f May 2015
- berita subang: Great post! We are linking to this particularly gr...
- Lyrics: Hello, the whole thing is going perfectly here and...
- jurugambar terengganu: Good write-up. I certainly appreciate this site. K...
- BRINutrition: My brother recommended I might like this website. ...
- masolutionimmo.com: Can I just say what a relief to find someone that ...
- domowe porady: Remarkable! Its in fact amazing article, I have go...
- James Iha: Whenever I travel to Tallinn, I always call a cab ...
- Kokoushotelli Kokoustila: That was a pretty awesome post.Conference room loo...
- Aaron Dibblee: As a Newbie, I am constantly exploring online for ...
- biżuteria swarovski: Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this...