Midsummer, also called St John’s Day or jaanipäev in Estonian is the time around summer solstice and is celebrated on various days around 21 to 25 June. European midsummer-related holidays, traditions, and celebrations are pre-Christian in origin. They are particularly important in geographic Northern Europe – Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania but is […]
Tallinn really is the gem of the Baltic region, with much to be proud of and plenty of things to do as a family. Tallinn City Tourist Office, among others, has produced many excellent videos showcasing this wonderful European capital of culture, and indeed the country as a whole.
We’ve loved watching these videos here at Unique Hotels, so we’re spreading the joy by offering you a collection of the finest examples, old and new, from VisitTallinn’s YouTube channel. If you’re planning your perfect family holiday and haven’t yet picked your destination, have a look through these videos and we’re sure you’ll be convinced that Tallinn is the place to come.
March 14th in the Estonian calendar is when the country celebrates the wonderful native Estonian tongue. Native Language Day, or Emakeelepäev in Estonian, is an important event that keeps alive the country’s important and ancient cultural heritage.
Estonia has a population of around 1.3 million, but only two-thirds speak Estonian as their first language. Estonian is therefore comparable to minority languages throughout Europe, such as Gaelic and Welsh, for numbers of everyday speakers. Because of this, Estonians are fiercely proud and protective of their mother tongue, and Native Language day is the perfect way to celebrate that.
- Meet you in Tallinn | Corporate Meetings, Conferences, Conventions 17th 2011f November 2011
- Unique Hotels Facebook 25.11 25th 2011f November 2011
- Tallinn’s Historic Hotels – The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn 29th 2011f November 2011
- Estonia’s historic hotels: Vihula Manor Country Club and Spa 3rd 2011f November 2011
- The Budget Guide to Tallinn, Estonia by Unique Hotels 15th 2011f November 2011
- Unique Hotels Facebook – Tõuni Kontsert Vihula Mõisas 17th 2011f November 2011
- Golf Courses and Golfing Around Estonia 25th 2011f November 2011
- A Guide to Parks Around Tallinn 1st 2011f November 2011
- Must See Museums in Tallinn, Estonia 8th 2011f November 2011
- Tallinn’s Historic Hotels: Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn by Unique Hotels 22nd 2011f November 2011
- Kevadpühad Vihula Mõisas 25th 2017f March 2017
- Easter weekend at Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa 25th 2017f March 2017
- Esimene orgaaniline riik ja Vihula Mõis 10th 2017f March 2017
- The first organic country and Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa 10th 2017f March 2017
- von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinna laiendus sai nurgakivi/ The von Stackelberg Hotel Tallinn extension cornerstone was placed 21st 2017f February 2017
- Sõbrapäeva nädalavahetus Vihula Mõisas 7th 2017f February 2017
- Romantic Weekend at Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa 7th 2017f February 2017
- Sõbrapäev Unique Hotelsis 3rd 2017f February 2017
- Valentine’s Day with Unique Hotels 3rd 2017f February 2017
- Unique Hotels 15 – kuidas see kõik algas? 26th 2017f January 2017
- berita subang: Great post! We are linking to this particularly gr...
- Lyrics: Hello, the whole thing is going perfectly here and...
- jurugambar terengganu: Good write-up. I certainly appreciate this site. K...
- BRINutrition: My brother recommended I might like this website. ...
- masolutionimmo.com: Can I just say what a relief to find someone that ...
- domowe porady: Remarkable! Its in fact amazing article, I have go...
- James Iha: Whenever I travel to Tallinn, I always call a cab ...
- Kokoushotelli Kokoustila: That was a pretty awesome post.Conference room loo...
- Aaron Dibblee: As a Newbie, I am constantly exploring online for ...
- biżuteria swarovski: Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this...